Mysterious failure to complete rendering on some batch jobs

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

Soviut

I've got a large batch job that is comprised of many small clips. I built a script which splits a leica reel into clips based on markers found in an XML file. So far, all of that has worked out great, however, some of the clips are inexplicably failing to complete.

The script creates a complete list in the render queue, sets all the templates and output modules as well as the destination for each item. As it stands, all settings for each item are identical. When I hit render, the first 7, or so, items render just fine and go very quickly (its low resolution 320 x 260 clips for previewing purposes) until it hits item number 8.

On the 8th item, and seemingly, all items after it, it renders the entire item, but at the very last percentage of the render, jams up as though the renderer hasn't told the queue that its done. So the queue just sits there and doesn't move on to the next file. I've even opened up the resulting quicktimes which all have a visible timecode on them, and the clips are indeed fully rendered and finished.

Any ideas?
Soviut

Well, I solved the problem. Turns out it was an audio issue that was occuring partway into the file. I just had to get our editor to export a new version of the leica.