BG Renderer

All things .jsx

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

patchets

It seems that either Photoshop CS3 beta or Lightroom 1.0 has installed estoolkit 2.0 and this script gives me "FATAl ERROR: XPEP launch info mismatch!"

Is there anyway you could make a version that works with the estoolkit 2.0?

thanks
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Hey patchets,

can you give me more information? what platform are you running? when exactly do you get this error?
bcharles

Photoshop CS3 Beta installs a version of the ES toolkit which screws things up. Remove the v 2 Folder from your Library (Library/Application Support/Adobe) and you should be OK.
Brian Charles
benu

A minor bug: the script doesn't add a '\' before an exclamation point in a file or folder name. The renderer couldn't find the file until I went into the terminal and changed all '!' to '\!' manually. cheers.
(OS X 10.4.7, AE 7.0)
aurelyend

hi, i have the same problem as Salvador ( hi dude !).
when i run the script, it is a french version of AE wich is launched.
and it's a bad, bad thing for all my expression...
i coulnd't find how to launch an english version of "aerender.exe"
and there is no help wioth "aerender -h"

does someone have an idea ?
or the solution ? :-)

thanks

auD.
nab

I don't think we can specify anything about language to aerender.

Actually I'm running an english OS, so french expressions are broken when given to aerender (as default AE is in english).

One solution might be to rewrite your expressions so that they become language independent (change "Slider" to (1), etc...).

As for the help text, "aerender.exe -h" does normally display the usage infos.
scribling

What's different about this script than simply running a render in the terminal? I've been doing that forever while I work on something else. If this is better I'd like to know why? I simply put "/pathto/aerender -project " in my .alias file and I'm good to go.

Also, I believe you can get AE to relaunch the if you have a aerender running simply by duplicating the application.

Finally, to pause the aerender or anything the termial is doing CTRL-Z. You'll see "suspended" To restart type "fg" (w/o the "") and you're going again.

Last but not least, you can pause the restart until later so you don't forget too. Start the render so you know everything is going fine. Type CTRL-Z to suspend it then type "sleep 3600 ; fg <enter>" Nothing will happen because it's now counting 3600 or however many seconds you put in until it enters the next command which is the fg to restart the render. BTW the semi colon separates the commands. You could say sleep 10 ; sleep 10 ; sleep 10 and it would be the same as sleep 30. Or command1 ; command2; command3 ...
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Hey Scribling,

Those are some excellent tips. Thanks! I think i'll add them to the help file. To answer your question, the benefit of this script vs launching the render yourself in the Terminal is that it does a bit of error checking before it launches (like checking for missing footage for example which can crash aerender), allows you to set the priority for the render process and then unque's the render items to avoid rendering them twice. It can also launch multiple instances simultaneously which can speed renders up dramatically if you have enough ram. Of course you can do all of this by hand, but the script (as most scripts do) simply allows you to do it much quicker and without having to think about it much. You also don't need to know any unix to use it. :wink:

-Lloyd
scribling

When I choose "High" I get "/bin/tcsh -c "nice 0 '/Applications/Adobe ..."
This won't work and returns "tcsh: 0: Command not found."

You script simply needs to write ""/bin/tcsh -c "nice +0 '/Applications/Adobe ..." in order to work.

Just thought you'd like to know.
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Hey Scribling,

Yeah, i caught that bug the other day and quietly fixed it. If you re-download it you should get the fixed version.

-Lloyd
scribling

Good script though. I like it.
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

If you are working with the CS3 Public Preview and want to help me test the new version of BG Renderer please contact me via PM on this board. The new version runs as an embedded panel!! It also natively incorporates multi-processing so launching multiple instances is no longer necessary.

-Lloyd
Last edited by lloydalvarez on November 8th, 2007, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
blies

My first post to say that I really appreciate this script !!! :)
GREAT !!
berniebernie

can't wait to see the new CS3 scripting improvements live !
Boom boom boom.
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Hey mlk,

You can download the CS3 version of the script here: http://aescripts.com
Last edited by lloydalvarez on November 8th, 2007, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.