Since working primarily in 4K, using the built-in AE tracker has become a bit of a chore, since the track points are so small by default. I have to first increase the search size and feature size just to be able to grab the point and move it around in the frame, and then I have to zoom into the layer to even separate one point from another. When tracking a lot of shots, this minor slowdown really starts to add up and eat up a lot of time for me.
I'm wondering if there's a script that could take the Current Track and:
1. Separate the Feature Centers of all Track Points apart by a default user-settable (x,y) amount if there are more than 1 Track Points,
2. increase the Feature Size of all Track Points by a default user-settable factor, and
3. increase the Search Size of all Track Points by a default user-settable factor.
Ideally, my tracking workflow would be:
1. Click the Track Motion Button in the Tracker Panel
2. Click the checkboxes for tracking Rotation and Scale if desired
3. Click a KBar button that runs this script, which moves the track points apart and increases their sizes.
Then I'd be able to quickly move the points around and get tracking quickly.
Anyone else interested in something like this? It would be a godsend for me, but unfortunately my scripting knowledge ends with Expressions.