app.onError - Anyone experience problems with this?

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

sbaden

I'm using this code to primarily catch errors in the render (watch folder). (ie) Missing effects, fonts, etc... It works but it also wants to prompt me for everything it is doing, as in non-error functions. (ie) When opening project, where it is saving render, etc.

It seemed to work yesterday and now today I'm having these problems. I have already restarted AE.

Any idea what's going on or how to fix this? Is it a CS5 bug?

Code: Select all

app.onError = err;

function err(errString) {  // Catches errors in AE and alerts user.
    alert(errString);
    app.endWatchFolder();  //Method does not work currenly with AE. Can not control watch folder with scripts regardless of what documentation says. Perhaps this will work in future versions.
}
sbaden

I figured out that if the project contains no errors that it pops up alerts for each progress. Apparently, there is something called error severity. Some of the error severities are NAKED, PROGRESS and PROBLEM. Anyone know where I can find documentation on the different severity types?

This script worked...

Code: Select all

app.onError = err;

function err(errString, errSeverity) {  // Catches errors in AE and alerts user.
    if (errSeverity != "PROGRESS"){  // Ignores errors of type "PROGRESS"
        alert(errString);
        app.endWatchFolder();  //Method does not work currenly with AE. Can not control watch folder with scripts regardless of what documentation says. Perhaps this will work in future versions.        
    }
}